If you use Spotify on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you know how frustrating it can be to accidentally download an album or song you don’t want. Well, it turns out that there’s a pretty straightforward way to remedy this—and it’s super simple. This blog post will show you how to add and remove downloads from your Spotify account on different devices. This is a great way to keep track of which songs and albums you’ve downloaded and ensure you only download the things you really want.
How to Add Spotify Downloads on iPhone
If you’ve ever wanted to add or remove Spotify downloads from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, here’s how.
To add a Spotify download:
1. Tap on the Spotify app on your device to open it.
2. Click the three lines in the top left corner of your main screen.
3. Under “My Downloads,” click “Add File…”
4. Navigate to where you downloaded the music file, and select it.
5. Click Add.
6. You’ll see a new item in “My Downloads” called “New Spotify Download.” Double-click it to open it.
7. To start playing the music, tap its icon (it looks like a play button).
8. If you’d like to remove the music later, drag its icon to the trashcan icon at the bottom of the screen and release it.
How to Remove Spotify Downloads on iPhone
If you’ve ever downloaded an album or song from Spotify, you might have noticed that it’s stored on your device in a format that Spotify doesn’t support. You can remove these downloads by following these steps:
1. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app and click music> Downloads.
2. Tap on any of the albums or songs you want to remove, then tap “Remove Download.”
3. If the download is for an album, it will be removed from all of your devices; if it’s for a single song, it will be deleted only from the device you originally downloaded it on.
How to Add Spotify Downloads on Mac
If you have ever used Spotify on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you know it can be a pain to add songs from your computer to your playlists. Spotify doesn’t have a built-in way to do this, and each device’s process is slightly different. This guide will show you how to add Spotify downloads on your Mac using Spotify’s own desktop client and how to remove them using the same method.
Adding Spotify Downloads on Mac
First things first: if you don’t already have the standalone desktop client installed on your Mac, go ahead and do so now by clicking here. Once you have it open, click the three lines in the upper left corner of the main window (pictured below), This will open up a menu where you can select “Add New Account…” (as seen in the image below).
To add music from your computer to your Spotify playlists, you must create a new playlist called “Downloads.” You can name this anything that makes sense to you, but make sure that it is specific to downloading songs rather than streaming them—for example, “Downloads Streaming Only” would be something that would work but wouldn’t be very useful. After creating the playlist, click the “+” button beside it and select all of the songs that you want to be added to it (by
How to Remove Spotify Downloads on Mac
This tutorial will show you how to remove Spotify downloads from your Mac. You can use this technique to manage or remove any downloaded files from your Mac.
1. Open Finder on your Mac and navigate to the location of the files you want to delete. In this example, we will delete the Spotify download file “SpotifySetup.dmg” from our computer.
2. Drag and drop the Spotify download file onto the Trash icon in the top-left corner of the Finder. The file will be deleted immediately.
3. If you want to keep the Spotify download file but delete its associated metadata (file size, date, etc.), you can drag and drop it onto the Metadata icon in the top-right corner of the Finder. The file will still be deleted, but its metadata will remain attached (so you can restore it if necessary).
How to Add Spotify Downloads on iPad
If you’re an avid Spotify listener and own an iPad or iPhone, you may have noticed that the music streaming service doesn’t offer a way to add downloaded music to your account. This blog post will show you how to add and remove Spotify downloads on your iOS devices.
Adding Downloaded Music to Your Spotify Account
To add downloaded music to your Spotify account, ensure that the songs are saved in a location where you can access them. You can save songs to your computer, sync them with iTunes, or use an external storage device like a USB drive. Once the songs are saved, follow these steps:
1) Open Spotify on your iOS device and sign in. If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for a free trial at spotify.com/activate
2) Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen
3) Select “My Account.”
4) On the “My Account” screen, tap “Downloads.”
5) On the “Downloads” screen, tap the song that you want to add to your playlist
6) Tap “Add to Playlist.”
7) Tap “Done.”
8) Repeat steps 5-7 for each song that you want to add
9) When all of your songs are added, tap “Done.”
10) Close Spotify
11) Keep in mind that if you delete a song from your computer or iTunes synced device, it will not be available in your Spotify account.
How to Remove Spotify Downloads on iPad
If you’ve ever downloaded an album or song from Spotify on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you’ll know it can be a pain to get them off your device. There’s no built-in way to remove them automatically, like on Android, and the standard “Delete” option doesn’t work on iOS.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to remove Spotify downloads from your iOS device.
First, if you have the Spotify app installed on your device and have downloaded any tracks:
1) Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of your screen (the ones that have the music notes).
2) Select “Offline Music.”
3) On the Offline Music screen, tap “Downloads.”
4) On the Downloads screen, tap any track or album you want to delete.
5) On the next screen (or in subsequent screens if you’ve downloaded more than one track), tap “delete.”
6) If you have multiple songs or albums selected, they will be deleted one after another.
Adding and Removing Spotify Downloads Is Simple on Any Apple Device
To add a Spotify download:
1) Open the Spotify app installed on your device.
2) On the main screen, tap the “Downloads” tab at the top of the screen.
3) Tap the “Add” button next to the song or album you want to add to your library.
4) Enter the URL or ID of the song or album you want to add.
5) Tap “Add.”
6) The new song or album will appear in your library. You can now listen to it any time you want.