How to Find Your Windows 10 Product Key Using the Command Prompt-Are you looking for how to reinstall your Windows 10? Or you’re looking for your Windows 10 product key? In this article, we have provided you with a step by step guide on how to just that. It includes plus a neat little trick for finding the product key using a Windows Registry method.
Currently, Windows 10 license now ties Windows keys to Microsoft accounts, making you activate a copy of the operating system simply by logging in with valid online credentials.
Meanwhile, if you already have a newer brand Windows PC or you already log in using your Microsoft account. Then you generally shouldn’t have to search for your original Windows 10 key.
How to get windows product key Using the Command Prompt
1. To get windows product key Using the Command Prompt, first, you need to open the command line application with administrative privileges. Then type “cmd” in the Windows search bar.
2. Command Prompt will appear in the search results. Right-click it and select “Run As Administrator” from the window that appears. If prompted, enter your Windows account password.
3. Once open, copy and paste the following command and then hit the Enter key
4. The 25-digit product key will then appear.
Find windows 10 product key in Registry
1. First, open Notepad by right-clicking anywhere on the desktop, hovering over “New,” and then select “Text Document” from the menu.
2. Copy and paste this code into Notepad
3. Next, click on the “File” tab and select “Save As.”
4. In File Explorer, set the “Save As Type” dropdown to “All Files” and give your file a name. You can use any name, but it has to be a .vbs file. You can name it something like product key.vbs
5. Once you’ve entered a file name, save the file.
6. Thumbs Up! You can now view your Windows 10 product key at any time by opening the new file
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion on How to Find Your Windows 10 Product Key Using the Command Prompt using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”