How to Prevent Preterm and Premature birth
How to Prevent Preterm and Premature birth-Preterm labor which is also known as premature labor is a condition in which a pregnant, woman starts receiving regular contraction of the uterus, that causes the cervix to open before she reaches 37weeks, or if the cervix opens prematurely with no contractions, is also known as cervix insufficiency.
Signs and Symptoms of Preterm and Premature birth
- Fluid leaking from Vagina
- Cramping in the lower abdomen or menstrual cramps
- Backache, mostly in lower portion adjoining hip bone
- Flu-like symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Contractions every 10 minutes or more often
- Vaginal bleeding including light bleeding
See Also, Tension and depression in women-The Role of hormone therapy
Features of a Premature baby
- Low body fat.
- Low body temperature
- Trouble breathing
- Difficulty feeding and swallowing
- Small size
- Low birth weight
- Fine hair all over the body
- Enlarged clitoris in female babies.
- Undescended testicles in male babies
- Large head (Macrocephaly)
- Small head(Microcephaly)
Causes of Preterm and Premature birth
These are some the conditions that can increase chances of Preterm and Premature birth;
- Cervical and uterine abnormalities
- HELLP Syndrome
- Infection of the genitals
- Previous preterm delivery
- Little gaps between pregnancies
- Pregnant with Twins or Multiples
- Psychological or emotional stress during pregnancy
- Amniotic fluid deficiency
- Conception through in-vitro fertilization.
- Poor nutrition during pregnancy.
How to prevent Preterm and Premature birth
- Quit smoking and alcohol consumption
- keep a check on your diets
- Ensure the maintenance of personal hygiene
- Make sure you take a sufficient amount of water
- proper exercise
- Take multivitamin tablets
- Urinate regularly
Pregnant mothers are hereby advised to attend and keep antenatal appointments judiciously, in order to prevent the hazards and complications that arise from preterm and preterm births.
“Meanwhile, let’s know if this post was helpful by sharing your opinion, using the comments box below and also remember to share the post on your various social media platforms”